Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Lousy Timing



I hope everyone here in the US had a lovely long weekend. Mark and I really needed the break, because man oh man, have we had a lot going on lately. Last week we bought a house! "But didn't you just move?" I hear you asking. Well yes, we did move, but the house we bought is a rental, not for us to live in. In this area we'd never be able to afford (at least not in a way that would maintain my preferred lifestyle) a place that's big enough for us and Georgie. But a cute little one bedroom cottage on which to build some equity was just the thing; we found a great deal and jumped on it, lousy timing be damned.It's pretty thrilling to own our own little slice of San Francisco, stressed out as the whole process has made us. I'm so glad to be through with the endless stacks of paperwork.

This was a spur-of-the-moment, throw it together in the morning outfit that turned out really well. I love how the ruffled cardigan frames the neckline of the orange dress. I used a vintage clip earring as a brooch for a focal point, securing it in place with a safety pin. Since the colors were pretty loud, I kept the rest of the outfit toned down.

Dress: Carolina Herrera, thrifted
Cardigan: Anthro
Shoes: John Fluevog

No comments:

Post a Comment