Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Closet Strategy



I feel like lately I've narrowed down the items in my wardrobe that I actually wear to what amounts to a capsule wardrobe. I've been tempted to go through and ruthlessly purge my closet's contents, but I suspect this is probably just a phase and if I'm too hasty in my zeal for closet efficiency (I am a Virgo, after all), I'll only end up on a massive shopping spree at some point in the near future. So here are these green pants again, and this tunic that you've recently seen, and again with the shoes. But hey, if you're looking for ways to style the same pieces over and over, you've come to the right place.

Part of the problem is that I really haven't done much serious shopping since I started my new(ish) job, so I don't have the constant influx of new items that cause me to feel experimental about my clothes. Part of it is that commuting by public transportation or on foot is a whole different ballgame than jumping in the car, walking to the office from the parking lot, and spending most of the day at my desk. And part of it is that I'm really enjoying the simplicity of paring down to a more manageable wardrobe and sticking to my favorites that I know are winners. I've also gained a lot of knowledge over the last several years about what the real winners are, and how to dress creatively while still flattering my figure and achieving the kind of vibe I'm going for. Am I evolving, or am I just getting lazy?

What's your closet strategy? Do you prefer a vast array of choices, or a more carefully curated and smaller collection?

Tunic: Asos
Cardigan: Anthropologie
Pants: Joe's Jeans
Shoes: Cole Haan

No comments:

Post a Comment