Monday, August 13, 2012

Intentional Black



A long ago post of Sal's discussed being intentional with black, and that's what I thought of when I put together this outfit. Here I'm using it as a high contrast accent, letting it appear in small swatches but repeating it so that it doesn't look like I simply didn't have other items to choose from. In this outfit none of the clothing had any black in it but I really wanted to wear the sandals, so I chose a small coordinating handbag and necklace so that no single piece created a large expanse of black and yet they all worked together. Throwing in the brass and crystal bracelet kept the whole thing from being overly matchy.

Dress: Thrifted
Cardigan: Max Studio
Sandals: Michael Kors
Bag: Zadig & Voltaire
Bracelet: Leslie Danzis

No comments:

Post a Comment