Friday, August 10, 2012

Lazy Gal


I've concluded after a few tries that this is about the closest my hair will get to the 1960's-European-actress look I wrote about a few months ago. It comes out alright, but it's generally more work than I want to put in every day, which is why I usually wear it straight.

To achieve this style I put in a little Blow it Up while my hair is wet, then dry it until it's barely dry. Then I put my hair up in thermal self grip rollers. It takes about 5-7 minutes to put all my hair up, since the rollers just stick in the hair by themselves and don't have to be clipped in place. Then I just hit each roller carefully with the hair dryer on the lowest velocity and highest heat. The metal core of the roller heats up and curls the hair, and then letting it cool thoroughly locks the curls in place.

Before I take the rollers out I spritz on a little light hold hairspray just to keep the curls in place while I work with them. It's important not to use too stiff a hairspray or else the rollers won't come out. Then I just run my fingers through a couple of times, arrange the curls the way I want, and finish with my favorite strong hold hairspray. If the curls are a bit frizzy I might scrunch in a little Aerate or Water Wax before the last coat of hairspray to give it more smoothness and shine.

It sounds like a lot of products and a lot of time, but in total I'd say this takes me about 15 to 20 minutes instead of my usual 5. Not bad, but I'm sort of a lazy gal when it comes to my hair, so I can't be bothered to go to all that trouble every day. It's nice when I'm feeling a little euro inspired though -- if only I had a vintage Vespa to drive to work on. Ciao bella!


Blazer: Helmut Lang
Top: thrifted
Pants: Rag & Bone
Boots: Brako
Bag: Boktier

No comments:

Post a Comment