Sunday, December 2, 2012

Travel Wardrobe


Well, I was hoping to have a recap of my recent European adventures for you today, but at the moment I'm just not up to the task of going through hundreds of photos and posting the best ones. Instead here's a good example of what most of my travel wardrobe looked like: casual and layered. Although I was able to mix and match the pants, tops and boots, there was fairly little variation in how most of my outfits appeared. Outside there was even less variation day to day, since the entire top half was generally covered with my parka.


 This was taken at Crosby Beach, which I visited with Not Supermum.

On the whole, the wardrobe I brought served me well. The layers allowed me to make adjustments from day to day depending on how cold it was: in Scotland and northern England I was wearing 2 layers of shirts, a cardigan, my parka, plus a scarf and gloves, whereas in London and Paris I was able to pare it down and ditch the cardigan, scarf and gloves most days. I did over-pack a bit this time, because I really could've done without the 2 dresses and the accompanying tights and jacket that I took to wear with them, and I probably could've gotten by with one less pair of pants. Sure, in total that's only 5 items, but some were fairly bulky pieces that I should've known better than to pack. Even one extra pound, when you have to lift it in and out of overhead luggage racks on planes and trains, makes a big difference.

No comments:

Post a Comment