Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Watching From the Sidelines


Patterned pants are a trend I've been watching from the sidelines for quite awhile now. I didn't dislike the look, I just never saw a pair that really spoke to me and were the right price. My philosophy is not to spend too much money on a trend that isn't likely to see more than a couple of seasons. I found these at Gap, loved the pattern and mix of colors, and found that they fit great and were within my price criteria. Sold! I'm looking forward to wearing these when sandal weather returns.

Better still, I happened to be visiting my sisters, aunt and mom in Bend, Oregon for the weekend, so without the exorbitant sales tax that I'd normally pay in SF, it was like everything was on sale. You can bet that with 5 women hanging out together, we spent a fair amount of time in shops. The navy t-shirt I'm wearing here is from the adorable clothing boutique that my sister happens to work in. I actually brought back 3 of these shirts in different colors because I loved the long length, curved hem, and soft fabric.

The peach tank top is far more neon than it may appear in the photos. That bright a shade is not the most flattering to my skin, however letting just a small amount peek through under the t-shirt is a fun way to incorporate the neon trend without it being overpowering.

Tank, pants: Gap
T-shirt: Bobi
Shoes: Cole Haan

No comments:

Post a Comment