Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Bear With Me


Here's that new bag again, which has seen a lot of use this summer. I like how it gives a little bit of structure and polish to this otherwise casual outfit.

You may have noticed that my posting of late has been both sporadic and infrequent. At this point I'm not sure in which direction I want to take the blog, or if I want to continue at all. With everything going on in my life right now, I just don't seem to find the time for blogging as often, and when I do I feel I've simply run out of things to say about daily outfits. I do have an epic post coming up which I've been mulling over since I got back from my last trip, and after that I may stop altogether or possibly spin off in a different direction. Bear with me while I try to sort out my next move.

Jacket: Tulle
Top: Anthropologie
Scarf: thrifted
Pants: Cynthia Steffe
Shoes: Gabor
Bag: Elaine Turner





And on a completely different note: for my fellow gardeners out there who remember my living wall post from last year, you might be curious to see how it's doing. Below are photos of the wall last September, about 3 months after I built it, and a couple weeks ago in all its tangled, overgrown glory:

Then:


Now:

The felt substrate is now almost completely concealed behind the tangle of plants. Over the past several months there have been a few substitutions when particular plants weren't able to cope with the deep shade, but over time I think I've fine-tuned the species that really thrive in this spot, and they all seem to be pretty happy. Even my gardener is impressed.

No comments:

Post a Comment