Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Instant Comfort



I felt really cute in this outfit. The dress is short and sassy, and yet between the tights and the cardigan and the scarf and the boots, the outfit isn't revealing at all. This one reminded me of something that gorgeous blogger Erin at Work With What You've Got might wear, although since she's in Texas I guess this outfit wouldn't really be appropriate until winter.

I've had these boots since the fall of 2005, when I picked them up at a shop in Copenhagen. They've never been incredibly comfortable because the soles underneath the balls of my feet are really hard. But they're such a pretty color (a rich reddish-brown shade) and classic shape (vaguely Western with the tab pulls and scooped shafts) that I've kept them anyway. Last week it finally occurred to me to stick some Foot Petals in there, and voila! Instant comfort was achieved. Good thing I had plenty of other reasons for hanging onto these boots, since took me 5 years to come to the realization that they could also be comfortable after all.

 

Cardigan: All Saints
Dress: Forla Paris
Belt: Lazaro
Scarf: Banana Republic
Tights: Noa Noa
Boots: from Scoop in Copenhagen

No comments:

Post a Comment