Friday, February 5, 2010

Carl Sagan

This was a fight-the-dreary-weather sort of an outfit; the bright colors and strong patterns were certainly enough to cut through the driving rain and gray skies. Because the outfit was pretty loud already, I decided to keep my hair simple and sleek-looking, smoothing it over to one side and combing the ends in towards my face. But a funny thing happened when I got home: once I took the belt, scarf and sleeveless shirt off and was left with just the turtleneck and that slicked-down hair, I caught a glimpse of myself in the mirror and had a very Carl-Sagan-in-the-70's moment. Horrifed, I promptly changed out of the shirt and tousled my hair before Mark saw me.

Since we're on the topic of Carl Sagan, and since Valentine's Day is coming up (because naturally those two things are related!), I thought I'd share with you my favorite valentine of all time:






Hey, nerds need love too. Other fun and geeky valentines can be found here.











Turtleneck: H&M
Shirt: thrifted
Scarf: gift
Brooch: Saks Off Fifth
Belt: Red Dress Shoppe
Skirt: thrifted
Boots: Eject












No comments:

Post a Comment