Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Egregious

When I put this outfit together I was really proud of myself for matching up all the olive green components: the stripes in the skirt, the tights, and the boots. And it almost worked, I tell you! But upon closer examination outside in the sunlight, I discovered that the tights and shoes really didn't work together at all. This actually happens to me fairly often because my apartment is sort of dark, but this was such an egregious error that I felt I had to come clean about it.

Check it out: up close the tights are more of a blueish sage, while the shoes are a true olive. Egads; thankfully my coworkers are so fashion-challenged that very likely none of them noticed. In the full length photos you can see exactly what I saw in the mirror, which looked pretty good, so let's just pretend that's how it looked to everyone else who saw me that day. And with that, we'll just put this little incident behind us, mmmkay?

Top: Sisley
Belt: thrifted
Skirt: Marc by Marc Jacobs
Tights: Foot Traffic
Boots: John Fluevog

No comments:

Post a Comment