Tuesday, February 9, 2010

High Maintenance

Boy, was I out of it the day I wore this outfit. Jess called me up at work, talking about taking BART into San Francisco and something about a rental car, and I asked, "Wait... tomorrow?" to which she replied, "No, TODAY." Oops. I had completely forgotten that she was coming into town that night, but thankfully by the time she arrived I had regained most of my wits. So yeah, Jess was in town recently, for work and for our friend Tom's gig with his 80's cover band, The Ducks. You'll hear more about the gig, and see our 80's outfits, on Thursday.

For this outfit I started with a black turtleneck and skirt, over which I layered the denim dress and belt. This kept me warm, while still having the cheeky element of the short skirt peeking out underneath. I'll be honest though, this outfit was high maintenance, because the cotton skirt kept sticking to both the tights and the denim dress and getting all bunched up. If I had it to do over again I wouldn't wear such a full skirt, and I'd make sure to wear pettipants under it.

Turtleneck: H&M
Belt: Urban Outfitters
Skirt: F21
Denim dress: thrifted
Boots: All Black

No comments:

Post a Comment