Thursday, October 4, 2012

Modern


This top was a birthday gift from my sister, and I really love its modern shape. It's quite unlike anything else in my closet, so I was surprised at how easy it was to style. It looks great without an over-layer as well, but the day was just too chilly to go sleeveless.

Wearing this outfit gave me an excuse to pull out these new boots again, which worked perfectly with the ponte knit pants. I'm very happy to see more moderate heel heights creeping back into the stores, because for awhile there all the cute styles came with towering  height. As much as I love a tall heel, it really isn't very practical for most days in downtown SF. Between the potholes, the cable car tracks, and the uneven pavement, walking in the city can be a hazard even in relatively low heels. These boots have proven to be both comfortable and stable when I'm dashing from the bus to the office, or going out to grab lunch.

Top: MM Couture
Cardigan: Max Studio
Pants: Club Monaco
Boots: See by Chloe

No comments:

Post a Comment