Monday, April 5, 2010

A Little Crazy

Something about this dress just causes me to go a little crazy with the dots. I was all done putting it together with the skirt, belt, tights and shoes, and then I spotted (pun intended) the scarf hanging in my closet and thought, 'Why not?" I like that the dot patterns of the dress, scarf, and skirt are all different sizes, and the dress even has a smaller polka dot print around the sleeves and neckline just for good measure. For another version of crazy dot (and stripe) mixing, see this post.

Because I was mixing black and orange in this outfit and didn't want to let it get all Halloween-ish, I pulled the gray shade out of the skirt by adding the gray belt and tights. This softened the contrast of the outfit and de-emphasized the black.

To tie this long, wispy scarf, I used technique #1 from my Scarf Tying Tutorial. Though light and airy, the scarf isn't slippery, so it stays in place with that technique.

Scarf: a boutique in San Luis Obispo ages ago
Dress: vintage, thrifted
Belt: Urban Outfitters
Skirt: unknown; the label is gone
Tights: MP
Shoes: John Fluevog

No comments:

Post a Comment