Monday, April 12, 2010

After-Work Cocktails

Sometimes it's fun to just take an outfit all the way and play dress-up with it, and I felt like this was one of those. The military vibe is pretty overwhelming here, but I didn't care -- I felt like one of those stern brigadier general characters from an old John Wayne war movie. This was a good intimidate-your-employees look, even though I'm probably the most laid back boss ever. I can dream, though.

This outfit transitioned from work right to after-work cocktails with Fawn, and since it was a rainy night, the leather pants and wool beret gave me plenty of waterproofing. Speaking of after-work cocktails, last Wednesday I had the pleasure of meeting the divinely adorable Chelsea of Bright Side Dweller, which I know will make many of you jealous as hell. Believe me, I would've hugged her for all of you, but then I'd have just stood there hugging her all night and we'd never have had time for the marathon chat-fest that ensued. Needless to say, Chelsea is awesome in person and we easily blabbed away two and a half hours without even noticing.

Hat: ADS Hats
Jacket: thrifted
Necklace: Manu Lizarralde
Shirt: Max Studio
Belt: thrifted
Leather trousers: Pepe Jeans, via Asos
Boots: All Black

No comments:

Post a Comment