Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Versatility

This outfit was all soft layers of drapey comfort and was an absolute dream to wear. The vest gave me shaping, but because the stark contrast between the black vest and the orange dress moved my waist down lower than I wanted, I put the dress's self belt on top of the vest to move it back up again. The gray skirt further elongated my lower half to bring everything into proportion.

I just love the versatility of this orange dress; it functions equally well in a heavily layered winter outfit, a bare-legged summer outfit, or in transitional outfits such as the one shown here, and this one. And then it has so many of the special details I always look for: the 3/4 length sleeves with small ruched cuffs, the cute embroidered pattern towards the bottom hem, and then that flattering cowl neck. I have to credit Jess with this one; it was she who spotted it at Retail Therapy in Seattle and made me try it on.




Dress: Skunkfunk
Vest: A. Byer
Skirt: S
Boots: All Black

No comments:

Post a Comment