Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Keep on Pretending



This outfit was inspired by a fabulous leather shorts ensemble put together by the lovely Style of a Fashionista, who has been rocking some great outfits with the Selena harness she purchased from our shop. I don't own any leather shorts, and I strongly suspect that I'm too old to be wearing them (although, like Sister Wolf, I have an irrational desire to buy some). Come to think of it, 40 is probably too old to be wearing these herringbone shorts too, but obviously that isn't stopping me. One of the real, tangible benefits of getting older is that you get to stop giving a fuck about what people think. I digress.

I felt like this was a variation of the outfit that I could easily wear with dignity, and since this is the only pair of dressy shorts I own, they were my starting point. I loved the look of Fashionista's floaty sheer floral top with the nipped-in underbust harness; this semi-sheer leopard print top was fairly close, and anyway it went with the shorts. I probably won't be buying a leather pair (though I really should learn to never say never), but for now I'll keep on pretending with these.

Top: F21
T-shirt: H&M
Jacket: Victoria M. Ortiz
Harness: Audra Jean
Shorts: Mango
Tights: Falke
Boots: from Scoop in Copenhagen (2005)

No comments:

Post a Comment